Wednesday, April 06, 2005

 

Poem- "It is bliss"

It's all just a game so stop taking it so seriously. This problem isn't so big. She can't make rent and he's worried about the next meal. Tears transfer to the weight of the world. Words are words and don't amount to much. Actions take time but who lives to see their trees provide the sweet fruit. I'll just have to take mom's advice and be good. Go back to your old life hidden beneath the surface of ignorance.


Writing this poem was definitely interesting. It was a combination of random thoughts, and thinking about talking with some of my classmates in my ethnic studies class yesterday. I decided to bring in one image of the tree to give readers a visual, something I think is important. I feel awkward not only writing poetry, but also writing about poetry because I am not good at it and I don't study it often, but it was a good experience.
Comments:
i like the phrases you came up with. like "tears transfer to the weight of the world." BAH! i'm so emo, but stuff like that makes me give me you snaps. anyhoot,i have some fun pictures of you--i blogged the link. laters!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?